How solar Panels Work
1) Sunlight falls on high capacity solar panels during daylight hours. The solar panels convert the sun´s energy into Direct Current (DC) electricity which is sent to an inverter.
2) The inverter converts the Direct Current into Alternating Current (AC) electricity.
This is sometimes called “conditioning” the power.
3) When the energy system produces more electricity than is needed during peak sun hours, excess electricity is automatically sent to the utility company and the electric meter actually runs backwards!
4) Solar energy systems produce very high quality electricity y that reduces the chance of power fluctuations that could damage electronic equipment.
5) Utility power is continuously provided at night and during the day when demand exceeds solar production.